Two weeks ago, I found myself preparing to pack for an amazing trip with Strength of Nature to Jamaica. Completely forgetting what warm weather felt like, I realized after stuffing my makeup bag that I was wasting my time, trying to pack unnecessary makeup that I wouldn’t need or use in the Jamaican humid weather. Plus, I planned to be at the beach and pool more often than not. But, that didn’t mean that wearing makeup was completely out of the question. I just needed the essentials.
What are these beach makeup essentials I speak of? Get the full details below!
MAC Pedro Lourenco Nude Quad (no longer available)
TopShop Lipstick in Sartorial (no longer available)
L’Oreal Brow Stylist Sculptor in Dark Brunette (not pictured)
The trick: figure out what your statement will be and keep everything else neutral. I wanted a bright lip to match the tropical scenery. Also, invest in a really good matte foundation that won’t smear easily or make you look greasy.
What I did:
Before anything, I used my toothbrush to scrub any dead skin off my lips. Then, I added a super thin layer of EOS balm and let it set while I did the rest of my makeup.
- After letting my moisturizer set for 20 minutes, I swiped on a thin layer of foundation for a sheer, yet even finish using the Perfecting Face Bare Minerals Brush ($28).
- Shaped and filled in my brows lightly.
- Dabbed, with my right middle finger, gold shimmering shadow from the MAC quad (Sable) all over my lids. Use your finger for a natural look.
- I added 3 coats of mascara, about 20 seconds in-between each coat.
- Next, I swiped on my blush in a “C” shape from the apple of my cheek to my temple for a sheer glow.
- Finally, added one layer of lipstick, blotted and then added another.
Voila, I was ready for the beach!
What will you ladies be wearing during your beach vacations? Sounds off in the comments!